May 12, 2007

MT blues

When I first started at MT (yes this is my own secret code) I was lost and felt alone. I had been dx as bipolar for about 6 months and on depakote. My hair was falling out, I was fat, I lay around the house most of the day staring, not caring. I started to get into posting on a neat online community called MT. I used to just read mostly. Usually a few posts in the afternoon after finally dragging myself into some clothes just in time to make dinner. I'd post a few half hearted attempts myself. It was confusing at first, so many topics so many people. Then I noticed a few stand out people, one guy in particular who rhymes with enigmaromper. He was a gas, so much energy! He'd say "Dulcinea Rules" LOL. Made me smile! Nice Lady named Blondie responded to my tentative post "Im new here" she sounded so welcoming. Encouraged me to stay on my meds. I was suicidal. Course I didnt say so. I was manic, depressed, hyper, slow...you name it. Some days I typed for an hour and came away feeling really good. Better about myself. Blondie told me, keep my chin up, you're not alone, she was nice to me! I felt like a person, like I hadn't in a long time. Then I branched out a little. Cardznutz started telling me about his Sociology class! Now there was a dude after my own heart. He hates injustice and so do I. Alas I had such a hard time navagating the dang site! the Dopamax was doing it's work. For a while I drifted through the maze of MT ranting and raving sweet nothings until I found the musinators and cardznutz again and found likeminded ones again. What fun we had! Meeting manic, depressed, affected, defective, everyone open and nice. I liked it until the doctor was in....

4 comments:

James Connelly said...

I thought you had been on that site for a long time, even longer than me LOL. See I learn something new every day.

Nice Blog by the way, I like the colors...easy on the eyes. Keep up the good work. We still care about you, we are the friends of Don Quixote! LOL

Joy said...

Thanks James! No I was new. Right about Soc class time I think. Oct? Sept?

yyzferengi said...

pretty looking blog. I will email you some poetry, can't post on net because it published and if anybody find it, identity blown.

Wish I was not so nauseated today, it would be easier to concentrate. I think we should make sure this doc spends eternity in hell just for what happen to my stomach this last week.

Ferengi

Lizi Tish said...

Hey D... looking for you everywhere. Please drop me a line somewhere. I miss you.